This week’s topic is: WATCH WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH. Yes! For me, this equates to stress eating.
Balancing or attempting to balance life is a daily struggle. Clothes to wash, groceries to buy, dinner to cook, work, and loving on my family/friends means I’m constantly in motion. So, to offer myself a little comfort, I eat…SNACKS. This is not good.
Ok. Since I’m being transparent, let me put it all on the table. Yesterday, I ate three Rice Krispy treats and a chocolate bar. Also, I went to Panera Bread with the intention of buying a toasted cinnamon crunch bagel with honey walnut cream cheese. I know I know. Fortunately for me, the toaster was down.
Now, if I was working with someone, I’d offer these tips to curve this bad habit.
- Practice prayer and meditation.
- Understand the stress point origin. Why are you stressed? Are you feeling overwhelmed? Perhaps you need to take a good look at your responsibilities, enlist help, create a system, or remove something from your plate.
- Purchase healthy snack options. Fruits, crunchy vegetables, or healthy popcorn with flavored water can fill the snack.
- Exercise or go outside (weather permitting). Hit the gym or take in some deep breaths and go for a walk.
- Call a friend. It’s always a good idea to vent to a trusting friend.
- Listen to music.
I hope these tips keep you focused and balanced (or as close to it as possible). My go to strategies are: #1, #4, and #6. Implement as many tips as you need to maintain focus and wellness.
Which strategies are you committed to implementing?
Live. Love. Laugh